Are you ready to take the reins and ride?
We are Monogram. The Differentiation Consultancy®.
As a collective of Anti-Sameness Activists®, we are armed with the tools, techniques, and expertise to unblock and “un-same” projects and organisations so they can build momentum and activate powerful change, painlessly and profitably.
Our expertise lies within the sectors that deliver spaces, places, and experiences. We work with a range of clients from property developers to government bodies, entertainment groups to hoteliers and restaurants, and more. Our trademarked process is a proven, fully integrated, human approach to destination visioning and innovation, product development, branding, communications, and engagement.
From envisioning a single placemaking project to reframing an entire organisation, we uncover powerful insights, solve problems and shift projects and businesses into new and profitable territories, all centered around the wants and needs of their audiences. Our approach creates team enhancement, market traction, customer retention, additional revenue, and a highly differentiated place in the market.
Unconventioning the conventional means challenging existing ways of doing, being, and thinking with confidence and curiosity. By unearthing genuine truths of distinction, businesses are surprisingly and effectively different and delightful.
We do it all on purpose. Deeper perspective and wisdom allow us to translate the meaning and significance of latent opportunity and potential. And by being purposeful and meaningful, we positively impact people and the planet.
PARTNERS IN CRIME
Work with the people whom people want to keep working with – inside and out. We’re serious about relationships, equal respect, being proactive, and delivering enjoyably.
KICK-ASS CRAFT MASTERS
Excellence is an attitude. It’s also curious, experimental, detailed, and backed by the anti-sameness activism we bring to work every day. We take pride in our mad skills and mad desire to deliver beyond expectations. We have an insatiable thirst for seeking out creativity and its influences, in all its forms, all around the globe.
MATCH AND LEAD
Yes, we’re visionaries who can see miles ahead for the betterment of our clients. But going there without them means we get nowhere. We must first understand where people are at and then lead them to the potential available to them. Patience is required to enable this, but the rewards are greatest for all if we stick to this.
GENERAL MANAGER OVERVIEW
The role of the General Manager plays a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of the business. The GM position is responsible for the successful operations of the strategically lead Monogram Design Studio division (branding and marketing communications).
- Implements Business Strategy and Vision set by the Director (enhanced by GM)
- Manages and continues to grow the business, seamlessly integrates into the consulting side of Monogram
- Sustains and maintains P&L accountability
You will own the revenue, culture, and operations of the division.
As our General Manager of the Monogram Studio, you will oversee the studio’s marketing and sales functions as well as the day-to-day operations of the business. Responsible for growing and maintaining Monogram’s strong reputation in market as a deeply strategic and leading-edge creative brand and marketing studio, bringing the business’ vision to life through effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organising, and decision making to attain desirable profit making and profile building results for our organisation. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in growing strong client relationships, generating new business, increasing staff loyalty and productivity, maintaining our partner-led client service, ensuring business sustainability, and meeting business objectives.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / GROWTH
Sales + Marketing Hustler
Spaces, places, experiences – brand + marketing focus – upsell place consulting Both property and non-property (experiences)
- Research and identify growth opportunities, with existing clients, new industries, and potential prospects.
- Lead generation – seek out, bring in own leads and nurture to sale (within existing client base as well as outside of)
- Revenue generation of an agreed monthly target, a mix of existing and new
- Understand clients, what they want to achieve, identify problems impeding their ability to change, and pro-actively sell solutions that help deliver transformational outcomes for their brands, their customers, their people, and their bottom lines.
- Ensure Monogram’s brand and marketing offering evolves to meet the client’s ever-changing needs and stays ahead of the curve
- Create and drive the marketing strategy focusing on reputation management, inbound lead development, and converting value from a sales pipeline
- Maintains our strong position as a strategically savvy, leading-edge creative brand and marketing studio.
- Continue to develop the Performance Marketing angle for clients and implement for Monogram
- Passion and understanding of what it takes to create a powerfully engaging and differentiated brand
- Strategic thinker / creative business problem solver / thinks on feet with confidence, presence, and authority
- Able to convert long term project-based relationships into retainer-based
- Engaging and endearing customers to Monogram, treating them as equal partners via leadership (vs. supplier)
CULTURE: TEAM BUILDING
RALLIES THE TROOPS
- Build solid championship team and grow them (5yr target length of tenure)
- Implements Monogram brand strategy and company vision by embedding into the culture
- Builds enthusiasm through bonding activities, employee satisfaction, and engagement strategies
- Wins industry awards and builds company profile and pride (plus inbound talent pool of Champions)
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees
- Direct the employee assessment process
- Growth strategies designed for staff
- Implement and refine policies and processes
- Evaluating performance and productivity
High-Quality Product/Service Standards Delivered Overall business health of operations and finance
- Ensure regular reporting on revenue, utilisation, and profitability, achieving target levels of revenue, growth, and profit.
- Set and manage weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and management routines.
- Partner with senior leaders to deliver on agreed annual and quarterly plans, financial targets, and KPIs.
- Lead and role model key agency behaviours, values, and culture.
- Processes – enhance existing and add in new
- Products – enhance existing and add in new
- Oversee day-to-day business operations
- Developing and implementing growth strategies and goals.
- Support the development, implementation, and modularisation of new services, products, or programs of work that can contribute to new clients / new revenue.
- Maintain budgets and optimise expenses
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Analyzing accounting and financial data, prepare regular reports for Boss Lady
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors)
- Creating and managing budgets.
- Improving revenue and pipeline stability.
- Optimising tools, processes, and techniques
The Managing Director must deliver on today, keeping the workforce feeling part of a shared enterprise and on track to deliver the financials for growth.
- Emotional intelligence, self-awareness, deep integrity, humility, and people engagement skills
- Develops trust with colleagues and clients, helping to build an optimum team and ensure effective outcomes
- Exudes positivity and encouragement to galvanise a team behind a shared vision
- Able to provide tough feedback and hold others accountable while empowering teams to do better, making people feel mentored instead of failures
- Continues to build a championship team
- Continuously learning and shaping how the studio can change with the times and expectations of teams, creating a fun, fulfilling, and high-performance culture
- Business focus is the baseline of an effective General Manager with a strong focus on the triple bottom line
- Ability to work through the figures and wrestle with the implications, effectively translating and communicating with the team – able to motivate towards common goals and expectations
- Truly understands the current business landscape and key sectors/industries, the financial realities, the drivers, needs, barriers, and gaps to be serviced
- Is confident and acts decisively, making challenging and quick decisions in line with the vision
- A voracious appetite for all aspects of the creative process and its possibilities
- A champion for transformation, innovation, and creative business problem solving
- Passion for information and insights with the research and strategy team to the powerful translation into creative work that has the potential to create change and impact
- Able to convey the purpose and ideas into powerful business conversations, leveraging value for clients in terms they can relate
- Anchored in a solid strategic understanding of consumers’ wants and needs
- An ability to analyse information and distill it into single organising principles is the difference between nice ideas and memorable campaigns
- Able to apply rigorous forward-thinking into all business and brand communications
- A highly directional mind who can listen, lead and influence through authentic insights
Who we want you to be:
- BE THE LEADER: Who guides clients and internal teams away from mediocrity, towards creative and successful solutions.
- BE THE INNOVATIVE SOURCE: Who taps into networks and search resources to find solutions and pertinent information
- BE ACCOUNTABLE: By being responsible for the outcome of the division., in collaboration with the rest of the team
- BE A TEAM PLAYER: BY being more interested in the team around you shining and the overall outcome than your own accolades
- BE PASSIONATE: To stay on top of the latest & greatest to achieve branding, built form, destinations and placemaking, communications, and transformational creativity
- BE CURIOUS: By showing a keen interest in issues facing our clients, their competitors, end-users, and communities
- BE ENTREPRENEURIAL IN SPIRIT AND ACTIONS: By being an initiator and seeking constant advancement of skills and knowledge
- BE THE INNOVATOR: Who creatively brings the positive differentiation to our offering
- BE COMPASSIONATE: By showing your empathy for a client’s situation and yet be strong in representing our studio philosophies and principles
- BE CONFIDENT: Handle challenging situations with grace and empathy while being assertive in holding ground in respect to agreements made, when appropriate
- BE AWARE AND INSIGHTFUL: Use innovation, strategic approaches, and think beyond the status quo
- BE ORGANISED AND DETAILED: To achieve and deliver excellence by having a clear understanding of the expectations of the client and the studio and by being prepared to follow through
- BE PERSONABLE: When interfacing with clients and your team; Use your sense of humour to break the ice
- BE PREEMPTIVE: By anticipating the needs of our clients and the studio and be proactive in response.
L6, 10 – 14 Waterloo Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 Australia.